Payment Options for St. Joseph Patients
Our mission at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center is to provide healthcare to all who seek our services. The ability to provide quality care to our patients requires a relationship with our community built on trust and compassion.
Regardless of the ability to pay, we are committed to caring by offering patients financial options and/or payment arrangements as follows:
- St. Joseph participates with most insurance companies
- In accordance with insurance company guidelines, co-pays and co-insurance are due at time of service.
- Payment plans are available for balances not covered by insurance.
- Account coordinators are available to assist with eligibility for Medicaid services.
- Financial assistance for qualified individuals is available. Applications can be obtained from the cashier office on the first floor.
Business Office: 410-821-4140
Financial Assistance Office: 410-337-3902
- If you meet the policy criteria you may receive financial assistance from the hospital.
- If you believe you have wrongly been referred to a collection agency, you have the right to contact the hospital to request assistance.
- You may be eligible for Maryland Medical Assistance. This is a joint state and Federal program that pays the full cost of health coverage for low-income individuals who meet certain criteria.
- Those able to pay their bill, will do so in a timely manner.
- It is your responsibility to provide correct insurance information.
- If you do not have health coverage or cannot afford to pay the bill in full, you should contact the business office promptly, to discuss payment.
- You must provide accurate and complete financial information. If your financial position changes, you have an obligation to promptly contact the business office.
Physician services provided during your stay will be billed separately and are not included on your hospital billing statement.